Welcome! We're pleased that you want to become a part of our shop. Here's how it works:
- Please call 215-345-6111. We schedule our appointments Monday through Friday between 10:30 am until 4 pm. If you are unable to schedule during those times please review the guidelines below and additionally the section for “Shipping Consignments from out of Town”.
- We accept Men and Women's BRAND name Clothing, jewelry, handbags, shoes, unique housewares and small furniture. Brands we accept are Talbots, Eileen Fisher, J Jill, Chicos, J. Crew, Lilly Pulitzer, Banana Republic, Ralph Lauren, Anne Klein, Ann Taylor, Calvin Klein, Coach, Dooney & Bourke, Kate Spade, Louis Vuitton, Tory Burch, Michael Kors, Brighton, Vera Bradley and more.
- Our women sizes range from 0 to 24 (3X) as well as Petite sizes. Our mens sizes range from S (29-31 waist) to XL (40-42 waist). Clothing must be in excellent, like new condition, less than 3 years old, current in style and freshly laundered. We also accept Women’s and Men’s shoes in excellent condition. Please carefully scrutinize your items. Buttons, snaps and zippers should be complete and fastened. Clothing must be free of stains, excessive wear, missing buttons, broken zippers, too much fading or pilling,holes, rips, smoke/food/mildew/pet odor, hair, missing tags, or out-dated (more than 3 years).
- We are extremely selective about the brands as well as the condition of items. When you bring your items in we will select what our customers will buy. Sometimes there will be items we cannot sell. Please understand that our customers' preferences must be our selection guidelines. Expect about 1/3 of your items to be selected on average. So, don’t stress yourself out needlessly - use your best judgment.
- You may bring 15-45 items per appointment-all clothing must be on hangers-NO TRASH BAGS accepted. Your hangers will be returned to you after your appointment. Expect to spend 15-35 minutes for your appointment. Shoes, sandals and boots must be clean and free of dirt.
Sorry, but no thank you:
- Items from discount stores e.g. Walmart, Kmart, Payless Shoes, etc
- Clothing with stains or discoloration - Check collars, cuffs, inseams, seat area, underarms, elbows and knees
- Clothing with loose stitching, broken zippers, missing buttons, pills
- Smoky or musty smelling items
- Clothing in large plastic bags - Clothing must be laundered, wrinkle-free and ready to put out on the floor
- Children's clothing or items
- Vintage clothing
- Wedding or bridesmaid attire
- Prom dresses
- Maternity clothing
- Items with personal monograms
- Shoes that are scuffed, stained, have worn soles or heels
- Housewares / Jewelry - with broken/missing pieces, scratches, dents. Watches must be in working order with battery
- Electronics, except lamps
- Books, DVDs or CDs
- Stuffed bedding, pillows, toys
THE PINWHEEL keeps your items to sell for 60 days. (* Holiday items, ie. Christmas, Halloween, Easter will remain on the floor until the last day of the holiday). IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CONSIGNER to pull and pick up any unsold articles during the last week of the consignment period. Consigner 's should mark their calendar for pick up date, and allow sufficient time to locate their items in the store. Any articles left in our possession beyond the expiration date of consignment becomes the property of THE PINWHEEL. These items are either donated to charity or reduced to sell.
It is the policy of THE PINWHEEL to examine your items at the time of consignment. If a defect is noticed during the 60 day selling period, THE PINWHEEL may reduce the item to sell or remove the item from the selling floor. Please check your items carefully.
- Please review the guidelines for in-store consigning and follow these additional steps:
- We accept clothing by seasons as follows:
- January - Winter
- November/December - Winter
- Choose up to 20 pieces that will best represent the items you would like to consign with us. Go to our Consignment Agreement page, print the form and complete the required information. Include the Consignment Agreement and ship us your items.
- Once we have received your package we will process your items and e-mail an itemized list of accepted items. That's it! Once you've received a consignor number you're in! Feel free to ship every 8 weeks, of course adhering to our guidelines and condition of clothing.
- Sorry, if your items do not meet our standards we will notify you by e-mail. We will be happy to donate your items to charity or return them to you at your own expense. This is why as a first time consignor we ask you to limit the number of items you send. This will help us both see if we are a good fit.
If you have any questions in regarding the acceptability of an item, please call ahead of time. The store phone number is 215-345-6111.
We look forward to a long and mutually profitable association with you. After all, we couldn't do it without you, our partner in consigning!
Terry Cicero, owner